Portland songwriter, Kory Quinn, comes to the end of the bar with his old-time drinking songs and heart-rending country standards and folk tunes. He tours with Kory Quinn and The Comrades all over the good ol’ USA. The just released second full-length album, At The End of The Bar, boils down red-dirt basics in a freewheeling roadhouse stew. Listen to his music here: http://koryquinn.bandcamp.com/ and here http://www.reverbnation.com/koryquinn
For almost 7 years, Bella has made people laugh with their unique brand of humor that can only be defined as funny. If you find them funny, you’re not alone—because you’re probably at a theater filled with people. The cast includes Christina Boucher, Eric Clements, Seth Dodson, Rachel Farmer, Sarah Fineout, Kara Moore, and Sammy Tamimi. You can catch the folks of Bella every Monday at 8pm at the Playground Theater! like them.
Erin Diamond grew up in Arlington Heights, IL in a legendary neighborhood that is filled with stories. She is a proud theater school drop out, cinephile, book hoarder, and devoted Third Eye Blind fan! Erin has won numerous Moth Slams, has participated in several Moth Grand Slams, and was a featured performer on The Moth Mainstage. She is the 2013 WNEP Skald Storytelling Champion. She will be telling a story on March 1st at Old School New School where she will be paired up with a veteran of the live lit community, Beth Horner.
Here is why we like Uncommon Ground:
- They have a meatloaf to die for.
- They have this awesome room covered in reclaimed wood from a barn in Wisconsin with stage lighting as good as any rock concert and a sound that lets you hear every stage whisper.
- They have 50% off bottles of wine on Tuesdays.
- They hang some pretty stunning art.
- Did I mention the food?
- Friendly staff (please tip them).
- Ryan Sweeney and Eric Michaels.
- Dis place is frickin classy.
Make your reservations for a table in the listening room: 773-929-3680
(art by Danielle Crilly)